anyways, Second year and I could not wait to find out players from our junior batch. We got about 5.
Ashish, Ashwin, Naimul, Gautam, and Vineeth brought a ray of hope to our despairing team.
a further boost was the arrival of two German exchange students, Chris and Mark from Bremen.

Chris, alongside Shaz
Mark was this bulky forward who despite that could handle the ball damn well. Chris was a defender and a pretty good one at that.
Not to put too fine a point on it, but we actually managed to conduct a good number of practice sessions. Manipal's ever faithful rainfall made sure that we were well entertained by sights of a bulky german slipping in Indian mud.
From the MS section, we got Tenzin and Deepak, the former was aptly named Monkey Boy for his extraordinary antics beyond the field.
cometh the hour...cometh the fool
for the match, yours truly decided that he wanted to play outfield as opposed to something more useful like...oh i dont know...Goalkeeping. Hence, a self-proclaimed goalkeeper was put in place of me and I lined up alongside Chris in central defence for our first Inter-Mahe match. We actually played well for parts of the first half, making the odd half chance at times. however, KMC Mangalore drew first blood off a corner and from then on they managed to score two more before half time. One of those two, well...the less said about the keeper's effort, i guess the better it is.
second half and I had to take on the gloves, which didnt actually help our cause too much. we still conceded another. I managed to save a few, but I guess it was too little too late by then. 4-0 the final score.
We didnt fare too well at the Revels cup either, 6-0 i think we managed to lose. Either way, I chose not to remember much from that game. We started with 9 players, went up to 11 as the game began, then came back to 9 owing to too much alcohol in one and a fly in another's eye.
That's it...we lost...end of story.
to be continued of course!
Not to put too fine a point on it, but we actually managed to conduct a good number of practice sessions. Manipal's ever faithful rainfall made sure that we were well entertained by sights of a bulky german slipping in Indian mud.
From the MS section, we got Tenzin and Deepak, the former was aptly named Monkey Boy for his extraordinary antics beyond the field.
cometh the hour...cometh the fool
for the match, yours truly decided that he wanted to play outfield as opposed to something more useful like...oh i dont know...Goalkeeping. Hence, a self-proclaimed goalkeeper was put in place of me and I lined up alongside Chris in central defence for our first Inter-Mahe match. We actually played well for parts of the first half, making the odd half chance at times. however, KMC Mangalore drew first blood off a corner and from then on they managed to score two more before half time. One of those two, well...the less said about the keeper's effort, i guess the better it is.
second half and I had to take on the gloves, which didnt actually help our cause too much. we still conceded another. I managed to save a few, but I guess it was too little too late by then. 4-0 the final score.
We didnt fare too well at the Revels cup either, 6-0 i think we managed to lose. Either way, I chose not to remember much from that game. We started with 9 players, went up to 11 as the game began, then came back to 9 owing to too much alcohol in one and a fly in another's eye.
That's it...we lost...end of story.
to be continued of course!
No comments:
Post a Comment