So Dusshera is pretty big here, well...isn't it anywhere in India? Unfortunately, the bigger the festival the more extravagant the pointlessness gets...
and nowhere is this extravagance more evident than good old conservative Mangalore. the streets are decked up with lights as if the whole city is getting married in one single week, crackers breaking your sleep and the ever musical, drum-beat, breaking your mental peace when you least expect it...
back at the temple, the lights were bright, the decorations over-the-top, the statues more muscular than Arnie in his umpteen Terminator films (even those of female deities)
'Shri Gokarnatha Kshetra'.
Inaugurated by the late Rajiv Gandhi (in the year of his death...did somebody say coincidence?? or maybe irony?) this temple complex boasts many huge buildings and structures dedicated to many of the million "multi-tasking" gods of the Hindu religion...
here lie the blessed pics (see what I did there?)








That Shiva sculpture and the Hanuman's heart one are rather ominous. If I'd seen them life-size, I'm sure to have had weird dreams that night. :P
ReplyDeleteNice account, although the pictures, I'm not so sure of. I don't know what the objective was in the first one, especially. Is that traffic or just random lights? Or were you just really really high :P
ReplyDeleteThe Hanuman with the heart and all is actually quite common right?
@shobhna- freaky is more the word i think..."i have u in my heart...literally"
ReplyDeleteRRRRRRRiPP!
@Shishir- slow shutterspeed my friend...a great way to experiment
Belas fotografias! Elas são muito interessantes!
ReplyDeleteIrei te acompanhar.
Um abraço da Companhia das Fotos!
@Thank você. Eu gostaria de ver também suas fotografias. Mas o local é dizendo me que eu preciso um convite de você. Pode você emitir-me um por favor?
ReplyDelete