Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Rant 76: Not quite cheating...but not quite a Picasso!


Thankfully, I've been able to hack out plenty of leaves in the last few weeks and despite the initial joy when I wake up in the morning that I don't have to go to work, it gets quite boring towards the evenings. Hence, I've been getting on my bike and just heading off to the nearby beaches. Been experimenting with some slow-shutter speeds (like 30 seconds, and it can give some lovely effects and some lovely disasters as well!!)
anyways, in keeping with the trend of doing some post-production learning as well, I picked up this cool trick that lets me convert my photos into a painting. And while I understand that this type probably has little real-world application, it can definitely come of use in graphic design and the like. Additionally, I also picked up a lovely way to ease my post-production for the future.
Basically effects like the one you can see above involve several steps, and four filters with numerous little adjustments in each. So, in order that I don't have to keep going back to my tutorial every time, Photoshop lets me "record" all the steps that I take, and the next time I want to apply that effect, I can just use a self-assigned keyboard shortcut and voila! I have auto pilot doing things for me!
Back to the pic itself, of course, it's a first time for me on this effect, but it does look fairly painting-esque don't you think?
and here's the original

No comments:

Post a Comment