Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Rant 29: I travel till I'm dead

I was going through my Flickr photostream after a real long time and in homage to the spirit of travel...
enjoy the pics
"A Shattered View"
this shot was taken from the top most level of a "viewing tower" at the Hirakud Dam, Orissa (Asia's largest natural reservoir dam). Many thanks to the guy who vented his frustration!
"Succumbing to Pressure"
This sign, at the entrance of my Mausi's village is, I feel, representative of the way in which people in Orissa literally and metaphorically bend over (backwards or forwards, doesn't matter) in the face of any sort of injustice, oppression, persecution etc. Be it at the hands of Religious fundamentalists raping and burning (some of which also happened here btw), or at the doorsteps of greedy landlords and corrupt politicians
"I Stand Tall"
and finally, the India Gate. What better way to show that no matter how much of modern life zips past, the memory and sacrifices of those who lived and fought for our country, and indeed the very ideas of freedom, will stand tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment