Saturday, August 1, 2009

Rant 33: Ullalla - la -la ole oh

I had not been on a photography expedition on my own for quite a while, ever since I took up my job in Mangalore here. Hence, the first Saturday that I got free, I headed off to a nice and quiet beach about 8 kms from the main city, called Ullalla (apologies if I got the spelling wrong).
It was raining a fair bit. The usual kind of irritating drizzle that is perhaps characteristic of this place. However, upon reaching this beach, the power of the sea literally took my breath away. And I must say, the sea was pretty rough. Brown-coloured, huge waves; tempting you to challenge them (either with a surfboard or in a pair of swimming trunks).
sadly, I was not in the mood to have my camera etc stolen while I took on this awesome force of nature....
regardless, My camera and I managed to enjoy ourselves
Enjoy the pics!
Ullalla beach

Solitude

This person was a huge help for me. He pointed out some nice locations for taking shots, and even advised me not venture into certain areas which were either slippery or generally dangerous. His smile was particularly infectious, which was what I tried capturing.

Oh and btw...he lacked the ability to speak.


CROWS...ATTENTION!!

Youth Power in politics...never mess with them, seriously!

dry one moment......................................drenched the next
(and that includes the photographer as well!!)

No comments....

like a candle in the wind eh?
Not much of a comparison
there


Human power.............................................Nature's Power
Whose side are you on???

2 comments:

  1. kudos bro .. it after a long time i m seeing some speciality.
    keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ SC, Nishant: thank you bhai(s)..more such trips will follow hopefully

    ReplyDelete